AucklandTAS – Temporary Accommodation Service (managed by MBIE)

If your household has been affected by the severe weather events in Auckland, TAS may be able to help with accommodation. Register at Auckland Severe Weather 2023. You only need to register once per household and the matching and placement team will give you a call to discuss your needs.

Register your details via their website or email , or call 0508 754 163 to discuss your needs.
Auckland Council Emergency Relief FundOnline
NationwideCivil Defence – National Emergency Management Agency – list of support providers.Online
Work and Income – urgent or unexpected costs

In emergencies, Work and Income can help with costs if you don’t have any other way of paying.
 We can help with:
medical costs
power bills
repairs or replacing appliances
loss of income because you can’t work.

Call Work and Income on 0800 400 100 for more information from – 8.00am – 5.00pm.
Civil Defence Payments
Civil Defence Payments are available for people who have been affected by the flooding. You don’t have to be on a benefit to qualify for a Civil Defence Payment, and non- residents may be eligible. In most cases it doesn’t matter what your income is or what assets you have.
These can help with:
emergency food, clothing and bedding if yours has been damaged or destroyed.
costs if you’ve had to leave your home
loss of income due to an inability to work caused by the flooding.
A payment if you have evacuees staying with you in places such as a private home, marae or community centres.
Call Work and Income on 0800 400 100 for more information from – 8.00am – 5.00pm.
InsuranceInformation on lodging an insurance claim
If your home, car, or contents have been damaged by the severe weather, take photos before you remove or repair anything and report it to your insurance company as soon as possible. You only need to contact your insurance company and they’ll let you know what you need to do next, how to claim and – if applicable – how EQ Cover from Toka Tū Ake EQC works.
If you need to make your home safe, sanitary, secure, and weather tight, please record the work done, take before and after photos, and keep copies of the bills you paid.
If you are an uninsured homeowner, contact the EOC Welfare team on 0800 22 22 00.
If you don’t have house insurance but do have contents insurance, speak to your insurer about what is covered. Make sure you take lots of photos and keep good records before you throw anything out, where possible.
The Residential Advisory Service (RAS) within MBIE provide advocacy services and advice to homeowners who are navigating insurance claims to remediate damage suffered due to an event. You can contact or ring 0800 777 299, 03 379 7027 for more information.
HealthLocal healthcare Services
Health care services across Auckland are continuing to provide care if you need it.
All hospitals, including emergency departments remain open.
If you are seriously unwell and need emergency care please dial 111. 

For general health advice, or if you’re just not sure where you need to go to seek help, call Healthline 0800 611 116.
If you like the idea of a relief services list please let us know and we will work on making it a leading resource for those in need.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email